We all want to get the most out of our work. Ideally, we’d like to work less and get more! Luckily for you and your business, that’s exactly what we’re talking about today: repurposing content. Recycling your existing content the right way can help you reach a whole new audience, bring back long-forgotten fans, and make the most of your time and effort.
Rather than pouring valuable time and energy into a new blog post, only to have it sit idly on your website’s back shelf, you can bring out an old classic, repurpose it, and give it a whole new life. Here’s how!
What is Content Repurposing?
Content repurposing is exactly what it sounds like: re-creating or editing old content in order to make it suitable for a new purpose. Keep in mind that this is different from content revamping. Content revamping tends to involve updating old content in order to make it more applicable, accurate, or otherwise interesting to suit today’s audience. When you repurpose content, however, you’re keeping everything that was good about the old content while giving it something fresh in order to reach brand new heights or meet a new need.
Here are 3 Tips for Repurposing Your Content the Right Way!
1. Don’t just repurpose any old content.
It might be tempting to go back and find your personal favorite blog post to repurpose, but you have to do better than that. Utilize your Google Analytics to determine what content has been the most popular and choose based on numbers, not simply which one you like best. Figure out why that content performed so well and come up with some ways to repurpose it for your current campaign or goal.
2. Only repurpose content that is still relevant.
Even information that was once incredibly useful can lose its relevance. There’s no point in repurposing outdated information. Before you begin a content repurposing project, make sure that the content is evergreen in nature, meaning that it will continue to be valuable to readers for months on end (or years, if that can be managed!).
3. Get creative!
Not all content comes in the form of blog posts. There are videos, powerpoints, social media posts, and so much more! If you’re stuck in the brainstorming stage of content repurposing, or you don’t even know where to begin, consider some of these snazzy repurpose ideas:
- Make video tutorials out of webinar footage. If you’ve ever hosted a webinar, you know that not everyone interested in your information made it. Months after the webinar, you’ll start noticing recurring questions from site visitors who missed out on all the glorious information entirely. Rather than letting that hard work and delicious content go to waste, repurpose your webinar footage into video tutorials. This will add value to your website, encourage interaction, and help drive new visitors.
- Turn interviews into expert advice ebooks. Interviews are very popular content for blog posts. They’re easy to create, easy to edit, and often get a lot of traction when done well. They can also be easily re-formatted to fit an ebook. Since some people even prefer ebooks to blog posts, you open the doors to a whole new audience.
- Make infographics out of slideshows. If you’ve ever put effort into a PowerPoint presentation, then you know the graphs and charts you end up with are stunning. Rather than letting these sit on your hard drive unused, try turning them into infographics. Not only are they fun to look at, easy to read, and tempting to share, but they work as great opt-in incentives for your site.
- Take your best blog posts and make them into podcasts. This one can be a little intimidating if you have no experience recording yourself, but with all the Bluetooth in cars and an ever-growing love for audio books these days, you should make your content easy for people to listen to. Podcasts are one of the best ways to make your content even more convenient to access.
Do you want to reach a wider audience with your content…for free? Are you not sure how to do that on your own? Join my 7-Day Content Repurposing Challenge and learn how to attract more customers in less time.
Have a great week!
P.S. if you want to drive more traffic using content you already have and look like an authority in your niche, this challenge is for you! Sign Up Here Now!