How do I get more clients?
It’s a question we’ve all asked and we all want the answer to. If we could only figure out this key trick, then our business would be set for life! Clients are arguably the most important part of your business because without them, you can’t pay your bills, make payroll, or grow.
Wanting more clients is not only normal but it’s important, but you have to understand that while there’s no magic trick for getting new clients, there is a secret to it, and that’s this:
Hard, smart work.
That’s right. Growing your client base takes some consistent work, but it’s imperative that the work you put in is smart work or else it will just be a waste of time. The smarter you work, the easier it will be since you’ll start seeing the results you want faster. So if you’re looking for some ideas on smart strategies to employ or what to work hard on, consider the following list.
6 Smart Strategies for Getting New Clients
- Don’t just wait for referrals. ASK for them! Feeling “pushy” is often one of our least favorite things to do as business owners, but if you think about it, referrals are one of the most obvious ways to get more clients! Word-of-mouth is reliable when coupons and social media posts are often a hit-or-miss market. So instead of waiting for your current, happy clients to talk to their friends, try sending them a pleasant email letting them know that you’re looking for more clients and would greatly appreciate a referral from them. It’s not as pushy as you think it is. BONUS: Offer an incentive for giving a referral. A good discount, free product, etc.
- Network, network, network! This applies to both online and offline. Instead of sitting behind your computer for weeks on end, plan meetings or attend conferences where your potential clients might also go! Be sure you’re LinkedIn profile is up-to-date with accurate information and recent work samples. Be sure all of your contact information is accurate and keep all your online social media platforms, website, and other profiles active and present with recent works, blog posts, or other helpful information. Meet people online and in person, make connections, and keep talking about your business!
- Stay personal, stay you. Even if you’re just replying to job postings online, it’s important to remain as personal and true to your brand as possible. You and your business are unique, so it’s important to represent them this way and not let yourself fade in with your competition. But also, every potential client you approach is unique and loves being treated that way. Put effort into understanding each potential client and show them how you can help them.
- Partner with non-competing firms! Teaming up with other businesses that offer complementary services to the ones you offer gives you a lot of opportunities to take advantage of this synergy. It can be incredibly effective in building your business and client base since both businesses get something positive out of the deal. Not only that, but networking and building strong relationships with other businesses and business owners is incredibly beneficial in the long run.
- Position yourself as the expert. Potential clients should have a reason to come to you for your services, and one of the first steps to building a loyal customer base is being an authority your desired clients can trust. You should provide value for your clients and have knowledge, experience, and understanding that can benefit them.
- Start a blog and post regular content. Now, you shouldn’t just start posting random blog posts on your website and hope for the best. You should construct smart, helpful content that your desired client will go to for guidance and inspiration. It should solve a problem for your potential client and also encourage them to reach out to you for your services and business. Make sure to write about what they want to read (further presenting yourself as an expert on the topic) and show them that you and your services are worth considering.
If you’re looking for support in your business click here
Have a great week!