On a scale of 1 to 10, how awesome would you rate your current content marketing strategy?
The quality of your content marketing can have major impact on the success of your company.
If your content is ineffective, unclear, unplanned or non-existent, your customers will not be able to understand why your company is one they should pay attention to. And you will likely lose the bulk of them to your competitors!
Today I want to share with you 7 Simple Rules To Improve Your Content Marketing:
- Create Unique Content. I’m sure I don’t need to tell you how much content is out there, floating around the web and on the screens of your potential clients/customers. Some statistics say we see anywhere from 500-5000 ads in a single day! If you want to be seen, you MUST be unique. Unique doesn’t mean complicated or time-consuming. Create content that stands out from the rest of the information begging for your audience’s attention. Be the purple unicorn in the room full of zebras!
- Be Format-Specific. There are dozens of platforms on which to share your content. You can repurpose the same content to use across all of these platforms by formatting it for each platform. Create long, detailed posts for your blog, teaser-length for email, short blips or graphics for social, etc.
- Answer Questions Your Audience Is Asking. Your content should answer or provide a solution to a question your target audience is asking. Use tools likewww.answerthepublic.com to find what people are asking about topics related to your product/service. You will grab attention if you can provide clear and obvious answers/solutions to the questions people are asking.
- Create A Content Schedule. Spontaneity may work once in a while but is not an effective long-term content strategy. Sit down once a year, once a month and once a week to go over your content schedule. If you create consistent, well-planned content it will help you appear stable and that you have your ducks in a row. This will also prevent last minute “panic-mode” content creation for product launches, promotions and special occasions because you will have mapped these out long in advance.
- Diversify Your Content. There are many, many ways to repurpose content and put it in front of a wider audience! Think videos, infographics, webinars, images, ads, etc. https://lumen5.com/ is a great app that helps you transform blog posts into eye-grabbing videos.
- Metrics, Metrics, Metrics! It is important to take a look at how your content is performing across different platforms in order to know what is working, what isn’t working and how you need to shift your content to increase engagement. Google analytics and Facebook business insights are free ways to monitor your content’s performance. Ahrefs.com is a program that helps you see keyword ranking in search engines. If you use an email system like aweber.com or activecampaign.com you will be able to see your email open rates and click-through rates. Find the metric reporting systems that work for you and use them regularly.
- Take Creative Risks. Once in a while you’ve got to step away from the “norm” and do something “risky” in order to make your brand stand out and get noticed. Sometimes you might fall flat on your face, and other times you will find wild success. Push outside the boundaries of your comfort zone and do something your audience is not expecting!
Focus on these simple content marketing rules to enhance your current strategy and take your business to the next level. Good content is a core muscle in your business and should be given the proper time and attention.
As always, I am here to help if you are finding gaps in your business or are experiencing a learning curve! Schedule a call with me HERE to chat about what I can do to help you improve your business.
Have a great week!