Happy Monday ,
Are you thinking of planning a telesummit or maybe you’re already in the midst of hosting one? Good for you! You’re in for an incredible experience: you’ll grow your list, make some money, show off your expertise, and make some important connections with other experts in your niche.
But you can’t do any of that if you’re making any of these mistakes.
Not planning ahead
A telesummit is a big commitment, there are all kinds of moving parts you need to coordinate, including:
- Multiple speakers and their many scheduling conflicts
- Email autoresponder connections
- Upsell and downsell opportunities
- Landings page and access page creation
- Promotion schedules and marketing materials
Clearly, this is not something you can pull together in a few days. Take your time, and consider hiring an expert to help you keep everything moving forward, typically 3 months is a good time frame to prepare your telesummit launch.
Not getting out of your comfort zone
As the host of a telesummit, you might want to fade into the background but instead you need to make a commitment to put yourself out there, not only when it comes to promoting your event, but also when inviting your guests. Reach for the stars, and don’t be afraid to approach your “dream” guest. You never know who might just say yes.
Not testing everything
This is a big one, no single web page should be published, and no email sent without a thorough testing of everything, including:
- Buttons—are they clickable and do they lead where you think they do?
- Links—watch for broken links, placeholders and 404 errors.
- Spelling and grammar—proofread everything, including the names of your presenters.
- Upsell/downsell funnels—make sure products are buyable and easy to access.
- Content delivery pages—do your videos and downloads work?
- Guest offers—opt-in for all of your guests’ offers to be sure they work as expected.
Remember hosting a telesummit should be fun - not stressful or overwhelming, so enjoy the process, get organized or hire an expert, you’ll be glad you did.Have a great 24 hours,
RobynPS: If you’re looking for telesummit support look no further, click here to schedule a call with me so we can go over your telesummit needs.PPS: Click here to join my Facebook Group the Business Woman’s Guide to Success