You’ll never find 2 businesses that are the same, nor will you find 2 people that are exactly the same for that matter either – So who’s to say ‘When ‘X’ happens, you should hire a Virtual Assistant’? You’ll have some people say you should hire a VA right away, regardless of whether you’re just starting your own business or not. And then you have the other side of the coin, where people will say you’re better off to wait until you’ve established yourself and made some money. In the end, it’s really all about what you think, your own individual preference. Eventually, you will come to realize by some little signs here and there, that, yes, it’s time I get some outside help.
- You need to send out your Invoices – Although it’s very commendable to give your clients the absolute best possible service you can, sometimes you end up doing so at the expense of your business. You can’t run a business without receiving an income, and you can’t receive an income without sending out your invoices/statements etc. But you don’t really have the time! No worries! A VA will take care of all your accounting needs so that you can best use your time working with and building your clientele.
- You’re drowning in emails – You find that your emails are increasing and you’re having to spend way too much time on reading and responding to all of the emails – You want to be able to reply yourself to all of them to give it a ‘personal’ touch, but it’s just taking too much time!
- Hire a Virtual Assistant to reply to your emails or have them put an FAQ section on your site to save you some time. It’s taking you forever to finally be able to do one task – whether it’s setting up an opt-in page, list, follow-up autoresponders, etc. – You thought you could do this in no time, but it’s just taking so long. After a few hours, you become frustrated and realize that you didn’t get anything accomplished at all.
Want to see how you can tell if you should learn the tasks you need to know for your business – OR – if you should hire a VA?
Will I have to do this particular task very often? If yes, then it is worth it to learn to do the task yourself. If not, then it is better to outsource it.
Do you want to know how to do the task because you love your work and you can afford the time to do it? If yes, then absolutely learn it. If not, then outsource it.
- You’re finding all these little mistakes you’re making, such as spelling typos, grammatical errors, which, ok, we have all made mistakes once in a while and it’s understandable to have a mistake or two when sending out to your mailing list for example. But you’re making these mistakes more and more often, and forgetting to include an attachment or a link. Now you know it’s time to get a VA working for you and let them do all the administrative duties for you.
- Now you’re happy that your business is growing, BUT the very thing that you intended to enjoy when owning your own business (enjoying time with family and friends) is not happening! In fact, you are having the opposite affect! You have no social life. You are missing time with your family and friends. After a while, it seems you wake up, go to your desk, work all day, eat a meal here and there, go back to work, then go to bed. Time to hire A VA!
Although there are a lot of other telltale signs that tell you that you need to outsource and get yourself a VA, the above are the most common reasons. If you were lucky enough not to encounter any of these problems, then you should definitely do yourself a favour and prevent any future negative occurrences and consider hiring a VIRTUAL ASSISTANT to save you time and frustration. Let us help you to succeed!!